Types of SIELE exam
There are 6 different exams and candidates can choose the one which best meets their needs. The results of all of the exams are valid for 5 years. The available exams are as follows:
1. SIELE Global: this is a single multi-level exam where, rather than receiving a pass or fail grade, candidates are awarded a score for each of the 4 papers which make up the exam (reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written expression and interaction, and spoken expression and interaction). The scores from each of these 4 papers are added together to give a total score to evaluate the candidate’s overall level. The overall score ranges from 0 to 1000 and a candidate can score a maximum of 250 points in each of the 4 exam papers. The exam lasts for 3 hours.
2. Independent modules: these are combinations of the different papers which make up the SIELE Global. Candidates taking any of these combinations will receive a SIELE report and their scoring will be related to CEFR levels. The independent combinations available are as follows:
S1: Reading comprehension + listening comprehension (60 + 55 minutes)
S2: Reading comprehension + written expression and interaction (60 + 50 minutes)
S3: Listening comprehension + spoken expression and interaction (55 + 15 minutes)
S4: Spoken expression and interaction (from 15 to 20 minutes)
S5: Written expression and interaction + spoken expression and interaction (50 + 15 minutes)
How do I register for a SIELE exam?
1. Go to siele.org and click on “BOOK YOUR EXAM”.
2. Now choose your country and whether you will take the exam in an exam centre or remotely. The advantage of taking the exam in a centre is that you don’t have to worry about the technical computer set up you need take the test as the centre will give you everything you need.
3. At this stage you can see the price of the exam in your country and you must choose the type of SIELE exam you want to take. Filter the results by location to choose the centre which best suits you.
The day of the exam has arrived. Now what?
On the day of the exam you must arrive at the exam centre you have chosen 15 minutes before the start of the test with the identity document you used when you booked your test online. Candidates must know their SIELE log-in details (username and password) to be able to start the exam. Once begun, the entire exam will be completed using the computer.
Within three weeks of having sat the exam, you will be able to download your SIELE certificate or report from your profile at siele.org.
Do you have more questions about the SIELE exam? Get in touch with us for more information.